A birdie told me to!

On a visit to our local

 Salvation Army store,

a little birdie told me

 to look up...

When I did, I couldn't believe my eyes! It looked high end. It looked special. It stole my heart. I hurriedly asked the cashier what the price was on the sweetest bird lantern that I have ever seen. She said, "Oh, how about $15."
Be still my heart! I took it right then and there and came back home to find a place for it.

I settled on the foyer. This is the light fixture that I put there with in the past few years...
It was nice, but I could stand to see it GO!  And since my handy son was here visiting for several days, he switched them out for me so I wouldn't have to! Yeah Son!
I am in love...
With my son...and THIS birdie lantern! On another note...

Speaking of lights...I also scored this fun vintage round-glass-table-floor-lamp that I thought was funky enough for my daughter to love. No so, she declined,
so I attached some old sheet music to the naked shade with tiny clothes pins and put it in my booth at the antique mall.

These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter

Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative 
Mop It Up Monday @ I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!

Adorned From Above Party @ Adorned From Above
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 
Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma 
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
EBTKS @ A Little Knick Knack
Fabulously Creative Linky Party @ Jennifer Rizzo 
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer
Think Pink Party @ Flamingo Toes


  1. Great score Terry!Looks perfect there too! What a cute idea to use sheet music on that shade frame!

  2. Terry, I like your birdie lantern. Looks like it is perfect for your entry.
    Happy New Year.......Sarah

  3. That is a darling light! Your space looks great - I was in there a week or so ago and enjoyed looking at all your goodies. Let me know if you hear of space opening up there - I think I am ready to have a space again and need to get some of this stuff out of my house. Better yet, we should open our own place! :0)

  4. Totally charming bird lantern! What a blessing to have your son around at just the right time :)


  5. Your new light is adorable - and what a steal, too! Happy New Year!

  6. Oh I love it! Lucky you:)

    Hopping by and following your friendconnect.

    I am also inviting you to join my store's first giveaway event: http://thequietmom.com/blog/tdhs-1st-giveaway.

  7. Great find Terry!! Love the new lantern!
    Happy New Year!

  8. Hi Terry - I love your lantern!!! So incredibly gorgeous - it really is a statement piece!! Thanks for linking this up at It's Party Time linky party that I cohost with Cheri...I would love to feature this post on Sunday, would you mind please adding my post url to this post? http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/12/linky-party-12-30-2012-its-party-time.html
    Thanks so much and I hope you share more of your creativity at this Sunday's linky party! Happy New Year! :D

  9. What a beautiful chandy! Love the birdies! Looks awesome in that space :)

  10. Oh My Word! It's perfect. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

  11. That is an amazing find. Love it! Patti

  12. Love the birdie light...$15 steal!!



It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10