11/11/2014

DIY 3-Tier Stand

Who knew

that this pile of 

JUNK 

could turn out

to be a

fun and useful

3-tier stand!




I saw these made by Angie at Knick of Time and knew that I loved them so much, that I would try my hand at making one. Sure enough, it was an easy and fun project. If you don't want to make one, just watch for them on Knick of Time's Etsy account. Angie sells a lot of these.
I went to garage sales and picked up old metal cake pans and wooden candle stands for pennies.
After selecting my Junk and detaching the base from one wooden candle stand, I painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
I attached the wooden candle base through the cake pan and into the first candle stand with a long screw from the bottom. This allows the lowest cake pan to be raised and gives it a bit of grandeur.
For the middle section, I used a two-ended threaded screw, mostly used for curtain rod finials. By using this kind of screw, I was able to connect the lower wooden candle stand, the middle cake pan and the upper wooden dowel.
For the last cake pan (which is the top pan), I just used a screw in the middle of the pan down into the wooden dowel. This was so much fun and will be so useful especially during the holiday's that I am going to make another one.
I have a square cake pan in two sizes so it will be smaller but oh so cute!
Photobucket
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Monday
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple 
Inspire Me Monday @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Creative Link Inspire @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Your Designs This Time @ ElizabethJoanDesigns
Inspire Me Monday @ Domestically Speaking
Tuesday
Outside The Box @ BD Design
Project Inspired Linky Party @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
The Makers Link Party @ Upcycled Treasures
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
From Dream to Reality @ The DIY Dreamer
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Tuesdays at Our Home @ Our Home Away From Home 
Awesome Things Tuesday @ Sowdering About
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Wednesday
Vintage Inspired Link Party @ Knick of Time
Before & After Wednesday @ The Dedicated House
Fall into Fall Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Adorned From Above Party @ Adorned From Above
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday's @ The Happy Housie
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
Link'N Blogs @ Put A Bird On It
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Thursday
Link Party Thursday @ Bloom Designs Online
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
Project Pin-It @ Glitter Glue and Paint
Create It Thursday @ Lamberts Lately 
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Thrifty Life Thursday @ Revisionary Life
Friday
Handmade Hangout @ From Gardners 2 Bergers
Inspiration Gallery Link Party @ The Golden Sycamore
What To Do Weekends @ Crafts A La Mode
Fabulously Creative Linky Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Creativity Unleashed Link Party @ One Project Closer/The Better Half
Inspire Me Please @ Liz Marie Blog
Freedom Fridays @ My Turn For US 
Shabbilicious Friday Link Party @ Shabby Art Boutique
Junkin Joe @ The Cottage Market
Catch as Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life
Saturday
G'Day Saturday Link Party @ Natasha In Oz
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday
Link It or Lump It Party @ Delineate Your Dwelling 
Share It One More Time @ One More Time Events
That DIY Party @ DIY Show Off
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Think Pink Party @ Flamingo Toes
DIY Sunday Showcase Linky Party @ VMG206
Monthly
Every Room In The House @ A Joyful Cottage

9 comments:

  1. I am in love with this. I picked up three square cake pans a few weeks ago at a thrift store...I wonder if square ones would work too? We would love for you to join us at Party in Your PJs, I am sure our party goers will love this too.
    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2014/11/party-in-your-pjs-29.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours turned out wonderful, Terry! You better watch out - they are addictive! I have lost count of how many my husband and I have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great project! Pinning it!! Can't wait to try it myself :)
    Lindi @ www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea! I love the mixture of the wood and metal. Very Country Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tier! It turned out just perfect. Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I hopped over from Frugal Friday! LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative! Love it! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10