I was lazy a week or so ago and didn't take before pictures. Actually, I was overwhelmed with fixer projects that I just didn't take the time.
However, this stool is an old wooden stool that has a rotating two-step, step stool attached. It was painted a lovely light and happy green and my intention was to leave it alone. But upon closer inspection, it needed some small repairs which caused me to have to paint it.
Out came the Annie Sloan, Paris Grey Chalk Paint.
I bet you are wondering how I got this No. 1 on top. This is where laziness and creativeness come together for a good outcome. So before I get a bunch of questions about 'how' I will just tell you.
1) I coated the painted stool with Annie Sloan clear wax.
2) I cut out the shape from cardstock (a thicker paper). I then applied spray adhesive and stuck it on the stool. If I had NOT coated it with clear wax, I think the paper would have stuck to the paint and pulled the paint off when I needed to remove the paper.
3) I then used the Annie Sloan dark wax to coat the stool top and removed the cardstock shape.
4) This is where the laziness comes in. I then took a stick because I was to lazy to run to the basement for a small paint brush, and painted the No. 1 on the shaped area with the dark wax. I was careful not to use a lot of wax because then when I needed to buff it, I thought that it would just smear into a big mess.
5) I let it dry overnight, then buffed the whole stool.
Sounds like a lot of work but it only took seconds for each step...okay, maybe minutes. I was going for a primitive look anyway. You can see the fun green showing through when I sanded some areas. I always sand to distress before I wax even though Annie Sloan's guide says to do it after one waxing. I feel that the waxing will only gum up the sandpaper. I then always buff my projects that are waxed to get that great patina and shine.
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures