6/13/2012

Fun Kansas Finds!

We took a trip to Kansas to visit my son and two of my sisters. I thought I would share with you some of the fun pieces that we purchased on our trip. I fell in love with this blue bird platter and for only $1, I had to have it.


Sorry for the glare, I couldn't get a good photo and forgot to take a picture when I had it all apart cleaning it.
This old picture of twins stole my heart and I knew I could place it in my stairwell with other old pictures of instant ancestors and real family...
And for only $2, I had to have the unique old sewing machine even to just put out in my garden!
We also brought back more cool items that I will share later, but if you missed it, these pillars are worth a read back on THIS post.







Photobucket
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch

Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Just a party for my Peeps @ How To Nest for Less
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Northern Cottage Party Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 

Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket 
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer


8 comments:

  1. Who could pass up $1 and $2 finds?! That platter is great for a buck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. Where were you shopping at??!! I live in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love old pictures. I have a vintage frame with some lady in it. I just can't take it out! She was someone's daughter and hopefully someones wife, mom and grandmother. she has a story.

    That twin one is a rare find!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....your house is so pretty! I love those pillars :) What a fun find.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow- love that photo of the twins! I am a twin- great post...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really know how to find the Good Stuff!! ;)
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great finds, and you display them so well. Love the framed photographs on the stairwell. You are a feature this week at Ivy and Elephants. Please stop by and grab yourself a featured button!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10