4/17/2011

Frame It Up with Book Pages!

Are you like me and love the look of book page walls? Are you like me and don't want to commit to doing a whole wall or think, "What happens when I no longer want pages on my walls?"  Kind of like this...
I took this picture from poppytalk.blogspot.comSo I had one of my...

Light Bulb moments. And I must tell you this project took me all of 15 minutes to make! Instead of doing a whole wall, I took one of the books that I got at a recent garage sale...
See them? In the bottom left corner of the above picture. THIS is another good reason to buy old books.

First, I took a large frame that I had hanging in my sewing/craft room and cut cardboard that would fit the frame. Then using scrapbooking double sided tape, I took each page and just put tape on the top back of the page. I laid it on the cardboard working from the bottom corner, across that row, then started a new row above that overlapping a bit.  At the top, I had just a little space unfinished so I just cut the book page in half and applied it the same way.
I then decided to hang my toile platter in the center since it matches the toile fabric that I have used in the room. A nail will go right through the page, cardboard and into the wall to allow hanging whatever you want in the center of your frame.
I do think, that to get the right effect of seeing the book pages around the center item, you need to have a much larger frame like I used.
Fantastic! Now I have the look without the commitment!!! Go ahead...you can do it too!

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick



20 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I have tons of books that I won't read again that I could use to make this.

    Found you at Homemaker on a Dime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry what a fantastic idea I love it! LOVE the plate too! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love it! The frame is gorgeous too! I'm already wondering what book I could use to make this!

    I'm a new follower from the Creative Bloggers' Hop! Hope you can hop by my blog too!

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea!!! Looks so unique and old. Will probably have to borrow this idea. Thanks for the inspiration ~ newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore old books for display AND for destroying to use in projects! Great idea -- looks fantastic and so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a book lover but not beyond using pages of an old, tired, worn book that is beyond repair. This a cleaver and creative way to display items! I adore your huge old frame. Where did you find that treasure?

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really a great idea! The frame is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspired! You little creative thing you.
    :P
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love it! And your frame is totally sensational too!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an ingenious idea! Thank you for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, aren't book pages just the best! I love using sheet music too.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Terry, What a creative idea! I also love the plate and frame. Thanks for sharing this pretty project at my Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I discovered your blog from Savvy Southern Style. I am a participant too. I love your idea of using old books. I live in a country where I could easily access old hardbound books on sale. I might consider your craft.

    I am enjoying browsing at your blog and I hope we could develop a connection by following each others blogs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a super-duper idea. I could see using this in a lot of different ways--covering an old bulletin board, framing out a wall section with molding...see, you've gotten the wheels turning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terry~ first time here..and I don't know how I missed you! I love the idea..and it looks fabulous..although the pages couldn;t be from any of my favorite books...I am an avid book reader...
    Your newest follower...
    Smiles~
    Cricket @ gypsea nurse

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! Great way to use not only an old frame, but also some lovely book pages for a backdrop to a beautiful object! Love this idea!
    Blessings! Doni

    ReplyDelete
  17. That turned out great!! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which book did you decide to use for this??

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10