5/08/2011

Diamonds In The Rough~Treasures Week 6

Diamonds In The Rough! is where I show you my treasures from thrift stores and garage sales for the week. I then share with you what I do to transform them.

This week, I must admit, has been mostly about my daughter and her new apartment. It is fun to find the things that she needs to make her place her home.  Some of the things that I didn't take pictures of are throw rugs, window shades and wire plate hangers...But here is what I took pictures of to share.
Vintage Christmas Ornaments for only 75¢

A new $12 oval picture frame for just $1.

Some twigs for decorating.

Christmas garland...a kind that I really love, only 50¢

Last week I got the bigger cat, this week I got a smaller cat!

To add to my Willow Tree collection...just $2.

Vintage cookie cutters, $1

Cookie Cutters now join others in the glass jar.

The lady I purchased this from said it was the base of a chiminea fireplace. It was only 25¢ so I thought that I would take a chance since I had an idea in my head for it's use.
See it? I am using the fireplace base as a base for my large wire basket.
Now for the things that I found for my daughter's apartment...
Look at this oh-so-cute lamp...only $5!!! Perfect for her living room.
Who doesn't love suntea? She does.

And a cute stainless tea kettle...only 75¢

This was one of the best finds. Only $5 and very sturdy...Yes ugly, but wait till later in the week to see its transformation...you will be so surprised at how awesome it turned out! This is perfect for storage and it would be perfect for a TV and DVD on top. Great for her apartment so I hope she likes it.

A NEW microfiber recliner! And WOW, it was only $30!!!! Imagine this with the lamp above next to it on a sweet table.

Bar stools for $5 each that I have performed a small transformation to show you later. Plus a small fan for her bathroom.
It feels so good helping her get this start and being able to help her make a home.
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick

19 comments:

  1. Great buys! I love the wire basket and that chair. Wow!

    Good luck to your daughter in her new apartment.

    I'm visiting from Met Monday. Have a great week!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, what great finds. How nice of you to shop for your daughter also. double the fun. Hugs, Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got some great buys! I do love the vintage ornaments and the vintage cookie cutters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet sweet finds! That chair is beautiful and what a great funky lamp!
    Good luck to your daughter in her new home and wanted to tell you what great mom you are. Can't wait to see te dresser redo
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did great. i love the ornaments! and the little table is gonna be something very very nice. great prices too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun finds! I love those vintage cookie cutters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh wow. Amazing finds! Can't wait to see how the dresser turned out. And thank you so much for leaving such a kind note on my blog! Hopefully I'll be working on the coffee table next week.

    I'm following you now! Hope you follow me too :)

    Emily
    lovelybeasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great finds there. Vintage xmas decorations i always love to see there normally pretty expensive. Love the wire basket and that little jug dispenser and those draws to ;-) I hope your daughter settles in well to her new apartment so exciting for her, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness. I need to shop with you. What diamonds you found. Oval picture frames are so hard to find ~ love the kitties ~ the Christmas garland is beautiful ~ and the Willow Tree is such a bargain. Then I love the vintage pot holders on the lamp shade. I have lots of those that I've collected. I think I'll look for a lamp shade to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some wonderful buys. I am inspired to get out and see what bargains I can find. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What awesome finds! Can I be your daughter too? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great finds for you and for your daughter's apartment. Bet she will be happy when you transform the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a collection of finds! I'm really jealous of that recilner! I would looove that for my nursery.

    Popping over from A Diamond in the Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW YOU REALLY HIT THE MOTHER LOAD!
    LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE TRANSFORMATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky girl. Brings back memories of when I was a girl in the 70's. My mom visited my apt. in North Carolina and NAILED THE WINDOWS SHUT...(true) and covered the countertop and backsplash with contact paper. I kid you not.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great finds! Beautiful post with lovely refreshing colours.
    G'day :)

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. your good! you have inspired me to get out there this Saturday morning and find those bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I'm coveting those cookie cutters and the vintage ornies (which I collect, too)!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10