I decided to look back at what I have done, and pick my 12 favorite ones and tell you why...in no particular order.
Here we go...
1. This vintage dress form is a favorite because I have wanted one for so long. I found it unexpectedly for $2.50 at a garage sale. I then couldn't leave well enough alone and decoupaged it in book pages. It's a joy for me to look at and lives in my master bedroom.
2. This vintage chandelier was found at another garage sale for $10. It is unique because each arm has two lights on it. I had always admired the teacup chandeliers that I had seen on the internet and knew that I could make one myself. This turned out better than I expected and I wired it onto my green toile guest bedroom ceiling myself.
3. When I saw this cool trellis for only $4 at a garage sale, I knew that I would do something unique with it. I ended up gluing my hand-painted knobs on it and hanging my collection of vintage purses from them. So fun, so different!
4. Talk about different. As I paid $1.50 for this lot of lampshades, I knew I was in for a fun project that morphed into this Christmas Shade Tree. I had no intention of lighting the top, but with the smallest and most important shade being a clip on, it occurred to me that it was meant to be lit. Plus I used a 50¢ floor lamp base.5. Another surprise project. My builder stopped by with two old windows. He said that I am always doing something with old stuff so he thought that I could make something with them. I asked for two more, (luckily he had them in a dumpster) and I was able to make this garden cupola with the help of my young and cute, handy dandy handyman.
6. THIS was meant to be. I needed more display space in my antique mall booth, so I happened on this hutch at a local thrift store for only $129. It is antique solid mahogany! I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and transformed it into the beautiful, fun-to-decorate piece that it is. It turned out so fantastic, that I had to bring it home. I get a lot of enjoyment in doing various displays in my dining room.
7. This table is an example of letting it 'speak' to me. Or maybe I had MacKenzie Childs on the brain! I just let my creativity flow and loved how this table came out. I sold it to a client (and friend) because I knew it was perfect for her little girl's room that we created together. Oh how good it looks in there now!
8. This shows what (a lot of people would call) a piece of junk, can turn into. I paid $5 for this table and transformed it into the most beautiful, romantic piece of furniture that I own. With antique German hymnal pages decoupaged on top to the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey, it is a piece that I cherish.
9. This is a favorite for two reasons. First, because for the $5 I paid for it, I easily transformed this by just decoupaging book pages on the drawer front...easy! Second, because I made it for my daughter's new apartment. She uses it to set her TV on. It always feels good to help my children out.
10. I look at this lamp everyday since it's in my living room. I paid $1 for this vintage teapot and transformed it into the sweetest lamp I own. I learned how to drill into ceramic and knew this would not be the last one I make.
11. This was unexpected luck. I was at a garage sale late in the summer and saw this beaten up dresser for only $20. I didn't want or need it, but it kept 'speaking to me'. So I bought it and transformed the solid cherry dresser into a piece that I use daily in my bedroom.
12. Anyone that knows me, knows that I adore MacKenzie Childs style, especially their Courtly Check. I get inspiration from them and paint items that call to me like these.
I say it was a very good year! On to 2012...
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The house in the roses
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Potpourri Friday @ 2805
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick
VIP Party @ Designer Garden