8/09/2012

Guest Bedroom Redo...Again!

I really do have other things to do, but just get such a kick out of decorating that I repainted my largest guest bedroom...again!
That would be four times in 10 years! Not bad for me!!! Hubby says that I am making the house smaller with paint a millimeter at a time! Smile
Here is the before, when I redid it a couple of years ago and now the much simpler after...

Okay, so to clarify, I am not crazy...just forever decorating! Initially, (the 3rd redo) I went on the cheap and mixed a bunch of paint I already had and got a tan color. I thought it would be okay. But I decided that it had a peachy tone that I didn't like and I needed to simplify the clutter a bit.
I started with the same blue/gray color for the far wall that I used in my new Mud Room. These ceilings are blue as well, but barely blue. The window wall being painted blue really makes the silk curtains that I made look the best they ever have. The peachy tan did nothing for the drapes.
And for the longest time, I thought it was the drapes that I didn't like, however it was the wall color against the curtains that I didn't like! Go figure!


Then, I painted the other walls with Navajo White by Sherwin Williams. It's a warm creamy white. And still the white furniture and trim pops off it well.
Then came some garage sales and these awesome lamps with crystals!
They had tall shades on them that just were rotten and when I would touch them, they would fall apart. I got them for $5 each and fell in love. I purchased Edison Filament Bulbs and used my naked shades left over from my lamp shade Christmas tree project to make these more cottage-y.
I also found some 1930 prints of various birds...all 8 prints for $1. I knew that I would frame them and use them on the walls above each night stand. I think that they look great with the bed and bring such a warm vibe to the room. I wish I could show you each one close to really see the awesome gentle colors from the good ol' patina of age.

So this is picture overload, but you can see more around the room...All blue and white and cozy! Even though it's a large room. Are you ready?
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I love it!


Photobucket

These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Just a party for my Peeps @ How To Nest for Less
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Northern Cottage Party Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 

Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket 
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer
Every Room In The House @ A Joyful Cottage

33 comments:

  1. So when can I book my stay??!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is the perfect guest room! So serene and beautiful~
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any guest would be happy staying there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so light and airy. Your guest will be spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty room. I love your furniture and you are so creative with all of your frames ~ love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...love the little white pitcher in the frame! So, when are you taking reservations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it also!! I would like to stay in there...my favorite, if I had a favorite is the white cabinet with the white pitchers...I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a creative and fun flair! I love the old room AND the new room! It's a very pretty room, your guests will feel pampered! I learned a long time ago that, for me, to never, ever, ever, use a paint that has even a drop of red in it, only blue! Now that I know that I've been safe with my paint choices. I would always try for beige or tan and end up with pink or peach walls. It's too hard to see on a paint chip, but boy, when it gets on a wall, THERE IT IS! I lived 10 years with a "pinkish" house when I was trying for a warm tan. Live and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I had to go back through the pictures a second time to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks for joining the Open House party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the different ways you used frames.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't happen to be a Gemini do you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful guest room, if I was your guest, I wouldn't leave. Any guest would love to stay here, warm and welcoming! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Great job Terry! I LOVE the new wall color! That bed is so pretty...love the nook, the chandy in the birdcage stand and of course your ironstone pitcher collection. I imagine your guests are thrilled to stay in this lovely space♥
    Hugs,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything! Especially those prints:)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it too! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who redoes every room in my house over and over again. Tastes change, right? Besides, it's great fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This room is absolutely beautiful - so serene, peaceful and welcoming. I love the one wall painted blue - I do think I will use this treatment in my bedroom makeover. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. New to your blog. Love the name, though it would totally drive my husband crazy. I really like all the pitchers on the bookshelf. Interesting and unified!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! The little cabinet with pitchers is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ciao che meraviglia molto bella la camera complimenti a presto lu..

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a girl after my heart. I have updated my guest bedroom so many times...my husband says the same thing to me. I will be featuring this room on Tuesday evening at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! I Pinned one of your photos! SO pretty! Love the touches of floral in the pillow and bed skirt....love it!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!!! if you would like to share it at One More Time...would love to have you join.http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/08/features-aug-17-mood-feature-boards-and.html
    Just found you and now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terry so glad you came over to visit my blog because now I have found you. I love your blog and I love the guest room redo. What a great space. Love it all.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for stopping by my blog! You have the cutest style! I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of ideas from you :)

    http://homewiththeuricks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it ALL! :)

    Have a very Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a pretty guest room, Terry. The bedside lamps are fabulous, and I love the way you created one-of-a-kind wall art with the picture frames. I'll be featuring this at the July Every Room In The House Party. Thanks for sharing. xxx~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10