7/15/2011

Bench Fetish

Some would say I have a chair fetish. Some would say I have a birdhouse fetish, Some would say I have a stool fetish. I just love so many things.

On this post, I would like to share with you a before and after of a bench that I just finished.

I purchased it at a garage sale that you can see HERE on my Week 14 Diamonds In The Rough! weekly posts. I paid a whole $4 for it!

Before
I used my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and painted, distressed and waxed the wood base.

I then purchased 3 inch foam and upholstered the top using my Ballard Designs document fabric that is so popular and that I love.
I adore black and white checks that MacKenzie Childs uses on their  upholstered furniture. I made single and double piping with some black and white check fabric. I also like to 'dress up' my upholstery with brush fringe as I did here.
 I now have this newly revamped bench in my master bathroom.
 I now need to sell this bench that I painted and upholstered several years ago.

I'm bench happy!
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick

39 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Both benches are just stunning. I totally love them. Such a great idea with the fringe on both. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'm in the process of trying this so it's always nice to see what others can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry, this is beautiful I love the fabric and your painting is wonderful. Very nice find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it, Terry! That is one of my most favorite fabrics, too. I need to find a reasonably priced facsimile though because I'd love to find an accent chair to redo with it. Love the brush fringe you added with the cording.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful but must admit I'm partial to the document fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your benches are wonderful! I love all the touches like the brush fringe and checkered piping! Love what you have done.
    I'm stopping by from Frugal Friday - thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW!
    Love both stools and find it hard to believe that you can part with one! That is my problem...I can' t part with anything!
    Also looked at your sewing room-adorable!
    I need to get off my duff and actually work on my ideas!
    You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh! I love both benches. Divine!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new bench is so lovely. I really like the script fabric.
    I also like the one that's going to your booth.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! You did a superb job. Love it!!

    SMiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you with GFC. Thanks for linking to bacon time, your beautiful benches. Hope to see you each week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative! What a great bench, love the fabric!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out darling! I love the fabric...and am quite impressed at the piping...(I don't sew much...so that hard to me)...
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bench! I love the fabric, and the contrasting piping is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fabric top with the contrasting piping. I love stools because you can use them for so many things in any room. I'm sure you'll enjoy this one for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love both of them. love the details

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, lovely! I LOVE the document fabric and the contrast of the piping. Nice work!

    I'm visiting from I Heart Nap Time. Thanks for sharing there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great transformation! The document fabric is beautiful and the piping adds just the right amount of character. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is a very cool bench! That fabric is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your bench, beautiful job. I have many fetishes too. LOL! Thanks for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  21. it looks awesome, terry! and i love the new cushy cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Terry, I love the piping you created in the first bench! Very clever adding the single to the top and the double to the bottom edge. I'm kicking myself for not getting that $5. bench at the flea market last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your stool. The fabric, trim and paint are awesome!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great benches and lovely cushions too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is SOOOO cute!!!! I envy your great sewing skills! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic change, your fabric choices are just spot on. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just picked two little stools/ottomans out of my neighbors garbage today & I'd love to recover them. I'm
    inspired by the beautiful job you did!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Terry I LOVE this bench!!! Can I have it pretty please!;) Really it is an amazing transformation! Is piping hard to do??

    ReplyDelete
  29. Its gorgeous! right down to the perfect button details. Saw this over at Somewhat Simple's party.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So charming~ I love your pretty little bench and the other one you painted is so cute too!! Thanks for sharing these at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so grateful that you linked up in this week's Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) This awesome post totally rocked the party!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How pretty! I keep hoping to find a good bench to makeover. Please consider joining my linky party, Suzy's Open House Thursday, at www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are both beautiful, fun to see the change in your style. Love the fabric on the new one, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is so so so cute! I absolutely adore the fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Terry, What a fabulous transformation! I love the fabric and thick cushion on the bench. Thank you for linking to my party this week.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great selection on the fabric for the new guy. I also adore the older one you did with all the detailed painting.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10