7/02/2011

Week 13 ~ Diamonds In The Rough!

Diamonds In The Rough! is my weekly feature, where I show you the treasures that I find from garage sales, thrift stores and antique stores.

I am really behind in posting this, but I still think that you will enjoy seeing what I found.

While helping a neighbor price garage sale items...I showed interest in these things and she gave them to me for FREE for pricing her stuff.
Neighbor said that huge frame was new and never used. I have someone in mind for it, but not me.

This was the cutest metal bird and nest. I adored it, so I will be keeping it.
So Sweet!



Neighbor said that this lamp shade was new and she didn't need it and never returned it. Don't you find that happens at the nicer garage sales? People get just too busy to return unused items. I think this will fit a lamp that my daughter has in her apartment.
This is missing the glass votive holders, my neighbor said that she will bring them over in a few days. I thought it would look great on my patio under the pergola. Wouldn't this be fun at Christmas time, draped with glass ornaments then the votive's lit for sparkle?
Just a few fun items found at other garage sales.
I got this chandelier for $10. I think I am going to take it apart for the crystals and other usable parts then get rid of the gold since it's not vintage. The crystals are worth more than the price I paid.
Another oil can, 25¢, for my antique mall booth.

Just the cutest baby hangers that you just don't see everyday. I know they are not old but at 50¢ a dozen, I thought I would try to sell them in my booth.
This tall glass vase was $1. Originally I thought of vintage glass Christmas ornaments for the holiday's. But for now, I used something from the garden...

Huge hosta leaves from the garden.
 

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some super treasures. I love them all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you had a great time at the garage sales. You could have some real fun with those treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-duper treasures. That tall vase with the hosta leaves is so dramatic and pretty. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed a table?, tray? something
    with a rooster on it in one of the first pictures in your diamonds in the rough. could you please give some info on what it is and where you got it here in your comment section. I don't have a blog. I often check in on yours. I love all the things you do. GREAT job.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous: This table that you are referring to was purchased years ago at a local (not chain) furniture store. It is black with red rooster toile painted on the top. I recently saw one on a blog last week, where someone painted a table white that was the identical one to this. I see no label or markings on it for identification. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little bird and nest is adorable. Looks like you found several items you can use for decorations throughout the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome finds! Can I go with you sometime? ;-) My friend and I have just rented a booth at a local market and can't wait to get started finding our own diamonds!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10