7/03/2011

My Teacup Chandy!!

Warning...



This could get long,




but stick with me to see

 

the most beautiful chandelier ever!


So, lets start from the beginning.  On one of my Diamonds In The Rough! garage sale finds, I purchased an old brass chandelier.

It was dirty, but each arm had two lights and it had all the crystals that came with it.  I was concerned that the wiring was old and possibly dangerous.

 So I took it to a local lighting store and met a wonderful guy named Jack that rewired it in a special way... explained later in this post.


First, I took a teapot that my sister bought me in London, England (but I accidentally broke the spout and re-glued it, sorry sis) and drilled a hole in the bottom and in the lid.

I also took these free cappuccino cups and saucers and drilled holes in them as well. I also painted the chandelier white.

I then took all this to Jack and told him about my vision. He rewired my chandy and even came up with a great idea. He wired the chandelier so that one wall switch would turn on the outside (teacup) lights that are flicker bulbs and the other switch would turn on the inside lights that have regular bulbs. Thanks Jack for mentioning this idea. (I had two wall switches since originally the builder had a ceiling fan in place.)

Okay, Now the switch-a-roo had to happen. I had made a temporary chandelier/lampshade. This had to come down first.
I took it apart and switched the lamp shade on an antique floor lamp with this shade...



Before
Are you thinking that I really don't have a beautiful teacup/teapot chandelier? I really do and now you can see how wonderful my dream came to life. It is hanging in my Green Toile Guest Bedroom and I can't quit looking at it.

I also purchased a plastic medallion and painted it marble-like.

Here the teacup lights have flicker bulbs. (I only have one, the rest are on order)
I added crystal chain robbed from a different chandelier that I just purchased at another garage sale just for it's crystals.

Regular bulbs are turned on only.
 I love it when a dream comes to reality!
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design

Restore It Wednesday @ Restore Interiors
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick
Visit thecsiproject.com

47 comments:

  1. So cute! You are amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. is. incredible! What a fabulous idea. It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry you are soooooo creative!! Love it! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! The teapot in the middle is so unique! I have always wanted to try this,,,,I need Jack!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! You did an excellent job putting it all together! You have such a creative imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!! And I hope you realize what a find those crystals were!! They are impossible to find at a reasonable price! Love this whole project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible transformation! And what a visionary you are! Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooohh that is the most beautiful chandelier ever! i too have a dream of having a teapot/teacup chandelier!! stunning! i love it!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very pretty, Terry! I love it in your guest room. I like how you did the teacups and saucers on the outside lights, yet kept the inside lights open. Great secretary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen. What a great job you did on it. I would be looking at it all the time too.
    So clever! Enjoy!!

    Blessings Abundant
    and Happy Independence day,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is incredible! I have never seen such awesome transformation! What a great job! Thanks a bunch for sharing:)
    Happy 4th of July!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool!! I feel like the teapot really makes the whole thing, since it's where your pattern is. I came over from Homemaker on a Dime, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terry, this is freakin' *awesome* I love it!!! Did you ever see the MacKenzie-Childs chandelier that had random cups on it and the arms were covered in telephone wire? I want to make that one when I have enough "damaged" cups.

    By the way, the green toile guest bedroom is so pretty, and the chandy just makes it that much more special. Your guests must feel so special!!!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is jaw dropping incredible. Love it. So unique and whimsical. You should market these.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. This exceeds any chandelier makeover I have ever seen. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creative, cute, and completely awesome! Hope to have one of these in my home one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your teacup chandy! Perfect in that guest room, no wonder you can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! my mouth is on the ground. That is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your work is amazing (and you remembered to take pictures along the way). This is great. Thanks for sharing. What does your sister think of her teapot now? C. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! This is FABULOUS!!! Happy White Wednesday. Drop by for a visit!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw this on A Diamond in the Stuff and fell in LOVE! I'm your newest follower and #62 on the linky party there!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Turned out great! Another fabulous project. BTW I looooove your window treatment. That is absolutely goreous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SOOOOOO cute and creative!

    Debra
    http://homedefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your chandies, lamps and blog look delightful!
    I host a Pinkalicious Thursday Blog Party every week and would love for you to join the fun!

    http://www.frugaliciousme.com/2011/07/pinkalicious-thursday-blog-party-9.html

    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lovely chandelier. Love how you put it all together. Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is one of the prettiest teacup chandys I've ever seen! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, there! I've pinned this in Pinterest and featured it today here. Please feel free to grab the feature button on my sidebar and thank you so much for linking up in my blog party :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, that is amazing! I never would have thought of making anything like that, and even if I did I would have been sure that I would have shattered all the teacups. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous....that room looks like something in a B&B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. everyone has said it....but this is STUNNING...AMAZING.....INCREDIBLE. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, that's pretty amazing! Love how you married the tea pot AND cups together. Nicely done!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  32. Terri, I love the Chandy! Also I love all the taupe, creamy, tan colors you use in your decorating.Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so doggone cute, I can't even believe it. Here's hoping you always go with your visions & find someone who can help move it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super cute- I love how this came out!! Featuring it at tonights party! Thanks for linking up to Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is sooo pretty and when it lights up, it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this! Too cute. I've been wanting to drill into some cups to make tie back curtains for my grandmothers kitchen. How did you drill into it without having it shatter?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I absolutely love this! I've never seen anything like it! I seriously want one!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10