7/12/2012

Can You Stand ANOTHER One?

If you follow my blog, you will remember that recently, I did two posts on columns that we have and you can see more on that HERE & HERE.


So can you really stand an 11th one that we own? Do I have a magnet for these pillars? I don't know, but I do know that when we recently had a huge dumpster at our house because of exterior work being done, one of the workers said that he was going to bring some trash to put in the dumpster. Well, let's just say that the trash never made it to the dumpster. He brought a cool old door that I will transform later and this old square column. I was in the process of cleaning it up before I painted it when I remembered to take a picture. Notice that on one end it just 'ends' and on the other end, it has molding.

I knew that the molding end, which he said was the bottom, would be the top of my project. He couldn't believe that I even wanted it!

To add to this, I had picked up these corbels as trash on the roadside last summer...
I knew that I would use them in a project and sold a couple of them at my antique mall booth.

Before I show you the finished project, I must share a sad story.  When our new hobby garage was being built, the contractor had to cut some roots from a huge pine tree that would be at the back corner of the new garage. We were in hopes that the tree would survive since it was cut in the winter and not too many roots were disturbed...or so we thought.
Pine tree closest to the back of the new garage.
See how this pine tree looks so much more 'yellow' and 'thin' than the other ones? Well it finally died and became all brown. We had it cut down and...it's always sad to see a nice huge tree die.

We added the three new Blue Point Junipers that will grow to be 15 foot tall and 3 feet wide, perfect for privacy from the neighbors deck. In front, I put the square column with the added corbels and two birdhouses on the top!

Notice all the other posts with birdhouses and columns that are in our yard! Crazy!!!
Again, another trash into treasure!


Photobucket


These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Just a party for my Peeps @ How To Nest for Less
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Northern Cottage Party Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 

Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket 
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer



11 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that. Adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freakin' hilareous!!! Heck, I would use one or two of those myself if given the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. truck lease

    Oh My Gosh. What's with the bird houses and columns? lol But still it looks great in your yard. It gives your place a character of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! You must have a lot of beautiful birds in your yard. I love how the column turned out.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I love your yard! If I could get my hands on some columns, I surely would have fun with them too!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the birdhouses on columns. But I'm curious how you get them into the ground? Do you use cement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea...Your yard is just beautiful and this treasure only adds to it! Again, you've designed a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a cool picture of your yard and all you columns.
    You've collected something unique and done something fantastically different with them.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had some great links this week at Vintage Inspiration, thanks so much Terry for sharing this. Love all your pillars and wow, those corbels are gorgeous. I'll be sharing this post on Vintage Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your columns and all that you did with them! Would love it if you have time share over at One More Time http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/07/one-more-time-features-linky-party-2.html

    Just found you through Common Ground congrats on feature! Now following!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10