7/15/2012

No more Dirty Little Secret!

Remember my post on our Dirty Little Secret where I shared with you the rot that our wood siding and trim had after only 15 years? If not, you can see it HERE.


Rot at arrow
We had our young and cute, handy dandy handyman come with his new crew and replace All the wood siding on the upper story with vinyl (Brand: Certainteed; Color: Savannah Wicker). The bottom story is brick.
 He also covered the white trim with white aluminum...bent to match each and every profile! We also got all new soffets and as they took the gutters down, I cleaned them white again before they put them back up. A Mr. Clean Eraser worked best for this job.
New fishscale siding above all the windows that have a peak.
New ceiling under covered front porch too!
New soffets
Back of house with new siding, fishscale, soffet and trim.
Breezeway ceiling between two garages matches front porch ceiling.
Back of new garage. It has a window in the upper storage attic.
Can anyone say maintenance FREE!



Photobucket

These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Just a party for my Peeps @ How To Nest for Less
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Northern Cottage Party Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 

Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket 
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer



27 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks beautiful. I love the fish scale trim. It adds a very nice touch
    of architecture.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful home. I must tell you that I hate the ad which scrolls on your blog. It takes me several tries to get rid of it and is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a HUGE home, wow! And a gorgeous home! And, did I mention, a HUGE home, lol?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely home, Terry. Love the scalloped shingles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super lovely home!! The scalloped gable is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful home!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good. Bet you are glad its all done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is gorgeous! I love all the updates.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love maintenance free! Your house is lovely. I really like the fishscale siding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous house! I love the mix of stone and brick on your chimney! So cool!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing to get the little dirty secrets fixed! Your house is so beautiful! I love the fish scales too!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a beautiful home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fantastic. Love the fishtail siding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is gorgeous! I love the fish scales siding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is so lovely! I love the drive leading up to your home and the pergola in the back! Glad I found you today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous, gorgeous home ... I love the fishscale siding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is such a dream!!! I love the fishscale siding, too! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terry, Your home is beautiful. Love the siding and the fish scale accents. We had to have our wood siding replaced several years ago, so 'been there'. :) It's a shame that lovely wood siding doesn't last very long, but your new siding is great. Love the colors you chose.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty home! We are having to have some more work done on our home shortly too. Ugh! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home is beautiful. We have fishscale siding on parts of our house too. I just love the look.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great and I bet it's a relief to have finished!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am in awe of your home! What a huge project to get everything replaced, the fish scale siding is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. I found your blog when we were looking, and started my own.
      siding
      I gave you credit, so hopefully people can use these are a resource we didn't
      have. Can't wait to read the rest of your posts and see more pics!

      Delete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10