7/23/2012

Hutch Decor 101-107

Before I show you how I have my hutch displayed currently, let's go down memory lane...shall we?

First came the hutch, found at a thrift store. Then I painted it to lighten and freshen it up. I fell in love!

 I used Annie Sloan Old White and Old Ochre Chalk Paint.
Now let's look at the transformations in decor on the hutch...


Hutch 101 - Ironstone Pitcher Collection:
Hutch 102 - Fall:
Hutch 103 - Christmas:
  Hutch 104 - Winter:
 Hutch 105 - Spring/Easter:
Hutch 106 - White Ironstone Collection:
Now we are up-to-date with the different looks of my hutch and I hope that you are not bored yet.
The display that I currently have is my collection of tureens. So here we go...
Hutch 107 - Tureen Collection:

I found these two antique bowls at two different garage sales and they compliment each other so well with the faux fruit and veggies, I just had to throw them in...
Now for a closer view of my tureens...most caught my eye at garage sales.
I recently found the vintage postal scale at a garage sale and thought that it had great patina and history.

Lastly, I gathered my collection of pedestal cake plates and stacked them on top.







Photobucket
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple  
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Turning the Daunting Into Doable Tuesday @ Project Queen
Just a party for my Peeps @ How To Nest for Less
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Northern Cottage Party Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 

Rock N Share Wednesday @ The Shady Porch
Wildly Original Wednesday @ I Gotta Create!
Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket 
Link Up Wednesday @ Junk in their Trunk
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show Me Extraordinary Thursday Party @ The 36th Avenue
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
American Pickers @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Free For All Party @ Five Days, Five Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
So Darn Crafty Party @ Sew Many Ways
Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party @ My 1929 Charmer

20 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love all of your vignettes. So pretty and your hutch is perfect. Great job. You should link these up to my Table Top Tuesday parties. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hutch looks great. I love soup tureens and have a collection myself. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS job! I just keep hearing about ASP paint but unfortunately I dont have that kind of money so I make my own chalk paint with great success:)You certainly did a wonderful job on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stopping by your place and seeing your treasures. Great job!!!

    God bless,
    d on the prairie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun piece of furniture to decorate! Can't even decide which I like best - they are all my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on your hutch. I can't pick a favorite and i tried, but I like them all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, we have some of the same taste. The big rooster on top of hutch, I have that too and the little red rooster by the letter M, have it too. Love the hutch too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hutch looks great - especially against that gorgeous red wall. I love all your tureens and the hutch is the perfect place for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the hutch :) & that scale:)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hutch and I especially love how you change the contents to match the season. I'm feeling some hutch envy here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN post!! Love all of the ways you've used your hutch for display...but my fave is with the white ironstone...what a fun piece you've rescued!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fun to see all the different "iterations" of your hutch! I think your current one may be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terry,
    Great vignettes on your hutch!! LOVE your cloche and books.And I also am in love with your ironstone tureens and pitchers!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your hutch turned out! I'm on the hunt for an old one that I can makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great piece. I too love having furniture that is so versatile for decorating. The white ironstone and your new scale are just wonderful there. thanks so much for joining in for Vintage Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hutch is beautiful in all of it's different looks. I really love that postal scale and since I have a tureen addiction I'm drooling over the beautiful ones that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful hutch and you have so many wonderful collections!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy's blog! You are invited to join the party by linking up anything related to making your space a better place for you and your loved ones. Please join us at Making Space Mondays at www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com. Link up starting at 9:00 (central time) tonight. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hutch is such a pretty starting point! And isn't it fun to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10