3/12/2011

A Tribute to the Easter Egg

Years ago I was into cross-stitching but who wasn't? My eyes can no longer stand hours of those tiny x's. So this blog is a tribute to my cross-stitch eggs.
 I started making these eggs the year I became pregnant with my daughter in 1990. I made the first one, then one for Easter, 1991. Oops I skipped a the year 1992, because that would have put her in the 2's and much more to handle and less time for cross-stitching.
 Back on schedule in 1993 and 1994. So what happened to 1995? Aaahhh, a new marriage and you know how that will take up your time...Lastly 1996, then I gave up these eggs and moved on to probably many more projects that I like better. However, I do enjoy opening the Easter box every year and pulling these cute handmade eggs out for a month to enjoy and reminisce on what my life was like back then.

But the story is not over yet. I love to paint. So one year I painted an egg with the sweetest, vintage looking yellow baby chick on it. Now you see why I HAVE to sell some of my creations. I make way too much for one household to display.
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn

DIY Showoff 
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Sundae Scoop @ I Love Naptime 
Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. Your eggs are so cute! I love so many projects you've done. Your propane tank is so adorable and painting your checked mats was very clever.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to cross stitch also. Never made eggs though! That painted one is especially sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to cross stitch, too. Love the eggs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so adorable! My mom and sis cross-stitch but I never got into it. Now I'm regretting that!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cross stitched and painted eggs. Great keepsakes for your daughter. I featured you on my blog today. Come by and visit. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What treasures of Easter eggs -- I've never seen cross stitch ones -- they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your creations are gorgeous. You are very talented. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice idea; I did cross-stitch but I would never thought of making some eggs decoration with it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea! I never seen needlework eggs. I am bookmarking this.

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a trendy custom backpack from Paige Holliday Designs. check it out. All you have to do is leave a comment.

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the painted egg!!!

    My Friday's Link:
    My Handmade Lighthouse Dolphin Shelf

    I do hope you'll find time to stop by for a visit with me. Have a super weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Sweet Collection.... Welcome Spring
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terry, I have never tried cross stitch but your eggs are adorable. I have to say the painted one is my favorite. Thanks for joining my party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10