3/06/2011

Eggs, eggs and more eggs!

Yep, Spring fever has hit my home! I purchased unfinished wood eggs in two sizes and decoupaged old sheet music on them. Then I embellished each one differently. What a fun day that was!
Original wood eggs

After covering them in old sheet music





This egg was a large egg I had painted with roses. I re-purposed it by making a zipper rose, using a tatted heart, some scrap-booking letters and a cute paper butterfly.

Vintage Haeger Pottery found at a junk store for $1 in perfect condition. Old wire egg separator turned flower art, $2. Large egg stands up by hot gluing a large button on the bottom. Large nest FREE, the junk store guy was throwing it away as I walked in! Must have been meant to be!


NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.

These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog P
arties tab
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Winter Blues Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground 
Creative Girls Blog Hop Friday @ The Girl Creative
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Before & After party @ Thrifty Decor Chick 
DIY Showoff
Visit thecsiproject.com

45 comments:

  1. That is way to cute. I have seen them wrapped, but the extra step of embellishing sure made all of the difference. It looks like it was a fun project!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a problem with my linky party code. I thought it was set up as a thumbnail party but it wasn't. It's all fixed now but can you add your link again? I''m so sorry for the inconvenience. :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are each so fantastic!! I can't even choose a favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the cutest eggs I have every seen! Adding the embellishments--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful idea! I love, love, love the eggs! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just so creative, they look fantastic!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute! I love that the egg says egg! It made me smile :)
    I followed your link from Metamorphasis Monday, stop by and visit me at cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I just did some eggs today using pretty tissue paper and glitter. Will share soon. I really like the extra touch you added to the eggs. Blessings, Vick

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made some of these eggs a couple of years ago. But they are packed away and I won't be getting them out this year...so it was fun to see yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decoupaged eggs...lots of great embellishments and details. Saw you on the Girl Creative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those eggs are really beautiful. I host a link party that opens each week on Tuesday at 8pmEST. Hope you link up this gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know that eggs could be so cool! I love all of the embellishments. Great Job!
    Susan : )
    http://sanctuaryhomebysusancooke.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh, these are swoon-worthy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY WORD! THese are absolutely the CUTEST EGGS EVER! I love them!! You are very creative.

    www.simplicity-tracy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so stinkin CUTE! I'd want them out year round. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What precious lil eggs you've created! Love the way you displayed them, too. The "zippered" rose egg and the "seperator" egg are my favs! And thanks so much for the button on the bottom tip to help an egg stand upright!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these, I think they are all beautiful. have a great dey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable...I used the same procedures with my pumpkins this past fall...fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, your eggs look lovely.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Lorene
    The Gilded Cherub

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful idea with the wooden eggs. I may just have to get the glue out and get busy making eggs :)
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are sooo talented! Found you from abeachcottage. Enjoyed visiting and intend to keep coming back. Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great, can't wait to get my Easter stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are so cute. Need to start decorating for Easter in my home. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun display this makes. Looks like you had a great time with this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, these are fabulous. I am a fan and a follower:-) Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These looks wonderful & I love how you embellished them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad you linked up these eggs to my Swing into Spring party. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These darling eggs are so creative and inspiring. I love all the sweet touches and embellishments.
    I'm so glad I stopped by!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just wanted to say hello, i have just found your blog and i have to say what amazing eggs they are such a gorgeous work of art what a great idea. I will look forward to reading more of your posts in the future, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this & love sheet music ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Terry,
    Your decoupage eggs are just beautiful. I have been inspired :-) Oh and love how they look displayed in the lovely pottery piece, which by the way was and awesome deal. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very Sweet. What a wonderful Easter decoration.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, Just found you blog and had to send a note to let you know how much I love the eggs. These are most adorable ones I've ever seen. You should sell them! I'd buy! Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE LOVE those eggs how cute!! I'm totally going to make some, thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE your eggs...they are the cutest. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a God Filled Day
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  36. So pretty. I love how they look so natural and romantic almost. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are beautiful; I love how you embellished them; I just shared them on my blog post about easter eggs: http://sybillinartnews.blogspot.com/2011/03/decoupaged-easter-eggs.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, these are so beautiful. I love how unique they look. And what variety!

    Thanks for sharing these beauties!

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  39. what a great idea! i linked to you on my blog today.

    http://wifemomwoman.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/easter-egg-dying-and-decorating/

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10