3/13/2011

More Feed Sack Stuff

It's raining and what a glorious day for me to spend time in my basement sewing room. Here's what I did in a couple of hours.
Feed Sack Liner for 2-Wheeled cart
Another Feed Sack Pillow
You know how I 'gotta' give the back story, sooooooo, Hubby and I went antiquing on a cold February day. Among the purchases and treasures that I came home with were these feed sacks.
Front Side
Back Side
I then found another large feed sack at my local antique store. With the Bemis A feed sack I made a pillow complete with a comfy down pillow form. It is large and as luck would have it, the pillow form fit perfectly from side to side, so all I had to do is sew the top together, stuff in the pillow form and hand sew the bottom shut. Easy, Peasy! You can read about the other two feed sack pillows on this POST.
My new Bemis pillow with my other two feed sack pillows
In the past, I have made cute liners for the metal two-wheeled carts out of pretty rose fabric. I sold those on eBay. They are really handy for storing dirty laundry, wrapping paper supplies, extra fabrics, toys...actually the storage ideas would be endless.  And I had another cart in my storage room holding pillow forms for future unmade pillows. I decided that I had enough feed sack pillows, so I would combine two feed sacks and make a sweet, shabby liner.
One of my previous made liners - sold

In the thought process
One Side
Another side
Ties to hold the bottom tight
Looking down in at the bottom
Front pleated ruffle I made from scrap feed sack and Buttons to hold it on nicely
I still have the smaller Funk's feed sack for a future project. I'm totally happy with my two projects today. Aren't you?
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Winter Blues Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Pillow Challenge @ CSI Project 

35 comments:

  1. I love grain sack pillows too. My favorite has a horse on the front. The cart liner is too cute.
    Dropping by from Met Monday. When you have time, come see the chairs I had recovered.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terry how I wish I knew how to sew!! I just LOVE what you made with the feed sacks. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry cart is just so, so darling!!!!
    Great use of feed sacks! They are so expensive in the catalogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! The cart liner is so darn cute. Great finds and great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, is there NOTHING that you can't do?!?!?

    I love those pillows and the cart liners are fabulous, too!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest cart I have ever seen! :D
    Your pillows are pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cart and liner, the pillows too. I am a sucker for feed sack stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love all the wonderful things you have made with the feed sacks.
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look amazing what a great way to recycle to, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE those sack projects, you have made them look so warm and cozy, love it, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! That basket liner is absolutely the best. Great job
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Love that cart liner. I'm going to be doing a post on cards and would love to include yours if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wish I could sew!!! You did a beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job and you have quite a collection of feedsacks. They are impossible to find in my area. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love the pillows and liners!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coming over from Faded Charm! So much about this post is gorgeous! can i just order one of those carts with the liner from you.....this is just too cute! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are fabulous pillows and I'm in love with the liner. I'd love that in my LR, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those all came out so amazing. I love that look. Thanks so much for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness I am in love
    with your feedsack things !!
    I want a cart liner like that ~
    It is awesome !!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is BEYOND fantastic.

    I have a vintage cart and I have a liner that I'm thinking of using....but don't quite know where to go from here.

    Do you think you'd do a tutorial on how you put it together?

    It is divine!

    http://www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this idea, it turned out wonderful! I'll be on the look out now for feed sacks!! Thanks for sharing.

    Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great idea !! Very creative, indeed !! *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aren't you the talented one! So pretty.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! I love what you did with the liner for the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything you did! I want to try out lining a cart right away. I'm a new follower- I was impressed from the first glimpse. I know I'll learn a lot from you.Pop over and visit me at Brambly, I'd love to hear from you.Take care.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cool!

    I have a few feed sacks....

    Now I need to find the gumption to start sewing!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You rock~!! Everything you made is wonderful, but that cart is flat out adorable! Lori L

    ReplyDelete
  28. Terry, The cart liner and pillows are fabulous! They are just so cute. Thanks for sharing this at my new party,
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terry what an awesome job on the cart liner and pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so fun and adorable! Thanks for linking to "Amaze Me Monday". I will be featuring you on this weeks party!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Terry, you always do such great work. I don't think there is anything you can't do. Love this! Thanks for joining WUW again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the feed sack liner, and all your great ideas for using the cart. Thanks for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable!! Love all of the feedsack eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Terry,
    That cart liner is so cute. I love what you have done with all the feedsacks. Adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10