2/20/2011

My Friends Kitchen

In the continuing saga of showing you my friends home, here is her kitchen. Her cabinets are painted a nice blue color and she and I then did a white glaze over the top. I made her curtains to match the ones I designed and made in her dining room over the patio door. A lot of the pretties are for Valentine's Day and winter, but these are no longer up since she, like everyone else, has spring fever and she is now decorating for a lighter fun spring look. Enjoy!
PS. She is a retired school teacher so that's why the snowman to the left.



Cute way to decorate an old coffee pot. She hand painted the snowman. Added snowflake embellishments and placed it on a glass candle holder.


Curtains that I made for her to match the dining room that adjoins this room.


Cabinet opposite the kitchen cabinets.

You should have seen the day that I pulled the soffet down! She and her husband were surprised that I would be that bold to 'just do it'. But I think they were very happy in the end and it allows more places for her to display 'pretties'.



NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
The colour of Spring Be Inspired
Masterpiece Monday

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful kitchn and decorative pieces. Love the snowman pot...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty kitchen! The chandelier is *gorgeous*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. Great job on those great curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love, love, love the curtains! You did an awesome job. I have soffets in my kitchen. Was it hard to take them down? I'd love to get rid of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terry,
    I love the color of the cabinets and those cute little snowmen!! Such a great idea painting the old coffee pot...cute, cute, cute!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! My favorite is the curtains! You have such great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those curtains you made for her in particular!! Very pretty with the light in that kitchen. I would love it if you would link up to my party, A Marvelous Mess. I will be featuring one project from each party on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link, if you are interested: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-mess_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry, cute kitchen and thanks for joining the party. I didn't see a link. Sorry to be a stickler.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry,
    These are so pretty, i luv luv the curtain so sophisticate. What kind of glaze did you use on the cabinet?

    Don't forget to add this project in our linking party where every Wednesday we showcase projects for our readers to discover.
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/colours-of-spring-be-inspired-linking.html
    Thank you,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a retired school teacher like your friend. I really like the snowmen, especially the pot one. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I LOVE those curtains! TOO CUTE! you are so talented! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!! I'm your newest follower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I have a NEW linky party beginning Thursday, March 3rd. I'm inviting you to join in. http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/02/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-linky.html
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10