2/25/2011

Sailing Baby Boy

I was asked to paint two canvas's for a yet-to-be-born baby boy. I was given a quilt purchased at Pottery Barn Kids as the inspiration and then given free reign for this project. What fun when someone lets me 'do my own thang'!
The Quilt
The Process
More of The Process
The Outcome #1


I used yellow ribbon and cording on the edge to tie in the nautical theme.


The Outcome #2
Since this is for a baby's room, I decided to keep my paintings very elementary. I had fun with this and I hope the parents love it...they are picking it up today. And they bought this chair that I painted so I think the room will really be cute.

PS: They just picked it up and love it all. Phew! You never know how it will turn out on a free reign kind of project. :)
NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground 
Creative Girls Blog Hop Friday @ The Girl Creative
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff @ The Saturday Morning Blog
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
Sundae Scoop @ I Love Naptime

5 comments:

  1. Terry those prints came out beautiful, and what a cute chair. I know the parents are going to love them. Have a great weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love every. Single. Thing. What a sweet little room this baby is going to have!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun...love the canvases and that chair is just the sweetest thing!
    :)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the rope around the edges of the painting! I paint a lot on wood and that would work as a great edging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute! Love the numbers sign. I hope you'll link it up at I Heart Nap Time.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10