10/18/2011

A Clients Before and Afters

I just couldn't wait to share with you a couple of projects that I did today. I am working with a client on their new home. I am shopping for furniture, art, lamps and decor. It is all consuming and I can't believe the amount of time it takes to find things for their home. I guess if there were more than just me doing it, it wouldn't take as much time. I then am doing all the sewing, painting and decorating. I guess you can call me a one stop gal.
 

The first one is a built-in bookcase that is in their formal living room. I removed the shelves (thank goodness they just lifted out and are re-positionable). I painted the back only with matching paint from a feature wall in the connecting formal dining room. The paint color is by Sherwin Williams called Fired Brick. I think it warmed up the space by doing this. When I put the shelving back in, I removed two of the shelves to allow for more space between each shelf since they were not going to use them just for books. What do you think?
 Secondly, I took a long hall and made a destination at the end. Meaning, I hand painted the squares with Apple Barrel acrylic paint color called Coffee Bean right on the wall. This is a very long hall to a bedroom and I just felt that it needed something unusual. I plan on adding a wall of collage pictures of the kids to one of the side walls, but this is the start. I think it turned out exactly what I had envisioned.

More to come on this large and beautiful home as I get it decorated.

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Both of your projecs made a huge difference. I bet they love working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen anything like your solution for the hallway end. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! so stately! the inside looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I especially love the back color of the bookshelves. Can't wait to see more as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paint color you chose for the back of the bookcase, and such fun and creative "art" you created for the end of their hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second set of built ins I have seen today. The background color makes all the difference. Great changes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job! I love that you did something so simple in the hallway to trick your eye! It looks SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these projects. It adds a simple touch that makes a huge difference. I became a follower so I can keep up with your other great ideas.

    You'll have to check out my blog sometime when you get a chance.

    Melissa
    http://redflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm...LOVE the great changes you made with colour and ingenuity!

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com…hope you might take a minute to stop by and say hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fantastic ideas. I wish I had a long hallway now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pop of color on the book shelves! Thanks for joining the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job!! I especially LOVE the bookcase and it's styling - you are SUPER talented!!!

    Take care,
    Christina
    designingbynumbers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bookcases- the color is wonderful inside and like them with less shelves. Thanks for sharing at FNF

    ReplyDelete
  14. woow,,,,Lovely :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It is fun :)
    WELOCME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how they both turned out. I m a sucker for before and after pictures. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to our party Show and Share. Make sure to come back this week and link up your latest projects. We would love to see them.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10