10/26/2011

Please Remove Your Shoes & A Clients Foyer

I can't say that this was my idea. I got the idea from Pinterest where there is a wealth of great ideas. I was initially overwhelmed with decorating a huge home by myself, but a friend that I helped decorate her new home recently told me, "You are the Queen of putting personality into a home!" (Thanks Lindsay) That is all it took to spur me on to this new project. So here is how I put personality into the foyer of this home.


To surprise my client who has a 4 month old boy, I asked her to put his jeans on him, roll them up a time or two and stand him up so I could snap this picture.

I then loaded it onto Picnik.com and neutralized some of the color. I added a border and the text in a font that I liked. You could do this with any photo editing program.

Here's the real sweet deal. CanvasPeople.com has a special where you can get an 8 x 10 of any picture turned into a canvas on a wood frame for FREE with a $14.95 postage and handling fee. So I sent this to them online and in a week I had it.
Now it reminds the people that enter, to remove their shoes, in a humorous way.
 I just added a wood easel and it was ready to go into the corner shelving by the front door.
Let's talk about the framed words WELCOME next to the corner cabinet. I had this space to fill and luckily, I found these alpha letters on Etsy.

I framed them individually so they would take up more space and hung them vertically in this two story room.
After that I found a name monogram that I liked on Ebay and purchased that in two colors of vinyl to go above the doorway to the formal living room.

This is how the room looked before I started decorating.
There is more to this room that I have yet to finish like a large mirror and bench and decor on a buffet in this room, but soon I will share with you the beautiful completed formal living room, so stay close.

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures

4 comments:

  1. It's just lovely. By the way I did not know that you take off your shoes just like us in Turkey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foyer looks bigger than my living room! Beautiful floors though, love the various tones in the wood.
    You always have such creative ideas. The photos that spell out welcome are very interesting and love the little guy's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You gave me an idea!! Not the same thing....just a different idea that this project sparked in my mind. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable. I LOVE LOVE it. Thank you so much for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share. We hope to see you and your newest project on Wednesday.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10