10/09/2011

Week 25 ~ Diamonds In The Rough!

Diamonds In The Rough! is my weekly feature, where I show you the treasures that I find from garage sales, thrift stores and antique stores.

This week was light in treasured finds until one particular sale. I will show you that at the end of my post. On to the treasures...
This globe is missing the base, but imagine this with part of the bottom cut away and made into a hanging light for a boy's room!
Set of 4 glass coasters. I bought some early in the summer for our daughter, but hubby accidentally knocked them off a table in the garage before I got a chance to give them to her and they all broke!
An old milk glass cake stand to sell in my booth.
A really cool vintage hat.
For now, it just sits on the head of my lady bust.

Sorry for the blurry picture, these are child's skates that will look cute embellished and displayed this winter.
A petite metal chicken egg basket to sell in my booth. I already own one.

A beautiful large pumpkin pitcher.
A plate stand.

A bench/side table. I will knock off the boards under this and do a fun paint job on it.
Quaint grape display plates.
Lenox candle holders

I found two (2) of these large hand blown glass vessels.
 And now for what I think is the real treasures. Hubby and I went to a garage sale that had mostly books for sale. They were 25¢ each. We brought home 20 books. Mostly used for decor.
This is just some of them.
Here is the Jewel of them all...
It is named "Crown Jewels", dated 1888. It is not in the best shape with the spine completely missing but it has it all, gems of literature, art and music. It has selections from the most celebrated authors from the earliest times like, John Quincy Adams, John Byron, William Shakespeare, etc. And set between the pages are a lot of these beautiful engravings.


My personal favorite!
The light cast a shadow on the corner of this picture. The engraving is in perfect condition.
I purchased this metal frame at a garage sale as well, painted it black and placed one of the sweet engravings inside. I will keep a few of these and sell the rest. I am not sure what I am going to do with the pages in this book but they are wonderful.

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures

10 comments:

  1. Each of your purchases are awesome treasures, love them all! My favorite ones are the books, they are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I found a globe while out junkin this week-end also. Love the little metal chicken basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that hat is a showstopper! I would wear it! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with all of these gems. It would be wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please, please take me shopping with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, I have that exact same book with all the etchings. Amazing! Nice finds. That hat is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed those treasures, especially the books and globe. Some blog the other day had taken a damaged globe and glued strips of book pages to it. It made for great art.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you can guess which one I love after my post yesterday!

    You got loads of great things again this week.

    Blessings,
    Angie
    Knick of Time Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that Crown Jewels book! I wish I could take a peek and look through the pictures. Lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a globe, with a stand.. this actually makes me want to remove the stand! I love the way it sits on the shelf like that!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10