10/17/2011

Week 26 ~ Diamonds In The Rough!

Diamonds In The Rough! is my weekly feature, where I show you the treasures that I find from garage sales, thrift stores and antique stores.

First, I will share the items I purchased at a deep discount at auction...Yet another chair to fix up.
A sewing cabinet that I had never seen before...full of vintage sewing supplies that I have yet to go through. The top drawer opens normally, the bottom drawer pivots around to expose areas to put spools of thread. Wouldn't this look fun painted?

An antique junior high chair. All it really needs is a good cleaning and it's ready for my booth since I am not lucky enough to have any grandbabies yet.

Okay, hold on to your hat...a set of china, (this is just a portion of it) for $5!!! If it won't sell in my booth, I will use it in things I create.
 A sweet tureen. I so love these.
Now on to the garage sales...a cute side table to transform.
 Two rose pictures to re-frame.
 Two large silver trays that make good magnetic boards.
 Hand painted vessels from Italy.
 Wooden chunky candle stands, good for pedestals.
 A new blue flower vase.
 A huge old frame in pretty good condition. Imagine this painted red and used at Christmas.
 An old framed and matted rose print to put in my booth.
 A leather replacement seat for an old chair. At 50¢, I figured I would eventually use it.
A roto stripper that goes on a drill. See the fluted column to the left? I will use it on this to see if I can clean some of the gray paint off.
Lastly, thrift stores...A cool wine print.
 A huge pear.
 A very fun chicken teapot and notice the cute chick on her back that is the lid.
 See how she looks in my cabinet?
 And a rooster trivet that I use to put my stirring spoons on when I am cooking.
 A large glass vase and a metal candle stand.
 A huge glass jar with faux pears and apples.
That's it for this weeks treasures!

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures

9 comments:

  1. The furniture pieces are hardly in the rough!!!! They are already lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with them. You always bring home the 'motherload!' lol Fun to watch your progress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great treasures that you found. The chicken teapot has to be my favorite. I bought a harp backed chair like yours this summer at a yard sale. It's a winter project for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome finds! I can't pick a favorite! You are a lucky girl! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! So exciting to think about transforming them. Can't wait to see what happens to all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar sewing cabinet that I painted soft greens, yellows and blues and I also have the same high chair that I just cleaned up (Bought both for under $5!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic selection of treasures. Always look forward to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing treasures. You should found a boatload of things. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these pieces especially the sewing cabinet. I have never seen anything like that one before!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10