10/21/2011

Haley's Night Stand

It's funny...life.


Things happen and then they come back around again.

What am I talking about?

A couple of years ago, someone gave me four wooden finials. She new that I re-purposed things and might have a use for them.

Fast forward to garage sale season. I found this night stand...and I knew I could make it into something fun but I hated the legs and drawer knob. Out went the knob and off came the legs. Then I remembered that I had the finials. So I put them on as legs and primed it all white...waiting.

Waiting on an inspiration and time to transform it.

Then, I was asked to paint a night stand for our friends granddaughter. I used some of the ceiling color from her room to paint the night stand to coordinate. I personalized it for her and tried to make it match, but not so much that if she changed her bedding, it would still work in the room.
I actually was in her room and got this inspiration picture of her bedding.
Bedding Inspiration

Scrapbooking paper as drawer liner.
Simple stripes and block painting.
There are those finials as legs now!
Here is the funny life part...SHE is the young girl that had these finials on a piece of furniture. Her Mom gave them to me and now they are going back to her on another piece of furniture as LEGS!

Would that be, "What comes around goes around"?
Would that work for this instance?

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures

16 comments:

  1. How Cute! Love that you were able to use other pieces that you were hanging on to. The legs made a big difference, really dressed it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited so many blogs but I noticed in your blog that, your work is always so gorgeous and you have a wonderful eye catching details and putting small elements together to make a spectacular creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how perfect is that, Terry! She's got a piece of that old furniture used in a new way. I had a similar situation. I picked up a child size table and chairs from a friend of my daughter's, that they were getting rid of. It was the same table and chairs my daughter sat at with this friend playing tea party. Newly painted and refreshed for my granddaughter {her daughter} to play tea party now.

    Love the stripes and her name on the top. Those finials turned out to be great legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE doing projects for a person. I did a quick one day on a small table for my son this week. It wasn't the most amazing tranformation, but he loved it...and that is all that mattered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how that turned out! Your blog is wonderful...I'm your newest follower, I found your blog from the creative bloggers hop. I'd love you to stop by my new blog loveofhomes.blogspot.com & follow along too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! Great job!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ps. I'm having an art print giveaway for kids/nurseries that you might like. Come by if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous night stand! Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about, "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again." ;) Seriously, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so great! What a transformation! Newest follower here stopping by from Everything Under the Moon. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/bedazzle-me-monday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. O my goodness! How cute is that? Love the feet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This nightstand turned out so sweet! Perfect for any young girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this nightstand. It really came out great. I would love for you to come and link it up to my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Hope to see you then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! Love that knob! Love the stripes, the colors, the finials - love the way you did her name! Lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very cute!!! Thanks for sharing it at my party! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10