10/07/2011

Wall Flower Art

These plastic Wall Flowers are popular right now. Have you seen them?

I have a client that had these on the wall in her little daughter's bedroom. Since I was decorating this room, I needed this wall space for something else (I will share more on that in another post).

These flowers stick on the wall with peel and stick tape and it is very hard to get it off the wall without any wall damage. They can be purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond.



I wanted to use these in another location in her home since she already had them, they were cute and they were new. But I didn't want to damage anymore walls. So I painted three canvases. This would allow me to place the flowers in an artful design and only have three nails in the wall at the same time.
Canvases that I painted.
I then laid the canvases on my floor and placed the flowers in position before gluing them down.
Here is the final design hanging on her loft living room wall.

On the wall in the loft living room.


NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle  

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Blog Stalking Thursday @ The Crafty Blog Stalker
Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage  
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures

21 comments:

  1. Okay....this is seriously adorable. You will get a TON of hits for this project. I see that you are linking it to a HUGE list of parties. I just can't find the time it takes to do this....You must have some streamline way?? Are all of those backlinks to the ACTUAL party or just the general blog? I would LOVE some pointers, cuz I have just stopped posting on linky parties very much because of the time consumption to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your solution much better. The flowers show up so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, This is really artsy! It is so original ,I love it!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute...I was looking for something on a grander scale for my game room...found it. Thanks...Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-rock-4-winner-of-silk-poppy-pin.html . Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

    (and I second Lesley's comment...)
    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @ RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen these before but they are very pretty and versatile.
    I like your ides better than putting them directly on the wall if it ruin the paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea ... I have been known to buy stuff for projects like that and then hide then on top of a closet until I find time to do them :) Stopping in to follow from the blog hop - hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon. Ohhh ... and enter to win a free copy of my book too!!
    www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Very beautiful. I love your blog!

    Your newest follower,
    Abby
    i---create
    (come take a look if you like)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project! Absolutely gorgeous! And so easy - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a great idea to put them on canvases. I love the arrangement of the canvases and flowers. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the Cure for the Common Monday.
    :) Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/10/cure-for-common-monday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea to put them on canvas...and i think they look way better that way, too. I'm pinning your idea to come back to later. I love it!

    I found you through the Homemaker on a Dime Blogger party and I'm your newest follower. Come check me out, too, if you're interested @ Carissa's Creativity Space

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Cool idea! I love that the flowers cross over from one to the next - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could have just hung the painted canvases and had a beautiful abstract piece. Adding the flowers gives the whole thing a great three dimensional look and the flowers pop off the canvases. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a charming idea and looks lovely :)Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terry this is so gorgeous. Adore that you chose the canvases to save the walls. I saw it on Pinterest and saw it was from your blog.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  15. what size canvases did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  16. where did you get those flowers at. This is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would likw to know what size of canvases did you use? Type of paint?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this!!! I have a huge wall so would like to do something similar on a larger scale. What kind of paint do you use? How do you apply the paint to get that swept look? (Do you just layer your colors while wet?) I am so NOT an artist but it would be fun to create a piece on my own! Thank you so much for the p-inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10