6/19/2011

Pretty French Tray & Wall Frames

In my last Diamonds In the Rough! post (week 12), I showed you a frame that cost $1 at a garage sale. It had two sweet handles and I knew it could be transformed easily into a tray.
Before

First, I took it apart and used my chalk paint to give it the look I wanted. I even used the chalk paint on the handles. Then waxed it. It's too bad that the camera doesn't show the details that this chalk paint and wax gives.


While it was drying, I was trying to figure out what to put under the glass. I wanted something unique and that would work in any room. I tried scrapbooking paper, but a 12" piece was too small, so it drove me to look through my material scraps. I came across the perfect piece, some leftover document fabric from Ballard Designs.

I also added some cute feet that I had in my stash of odds and ends.
Oh so sweet now!
And while we are here in the guest bedroom...let me show you some frames that I have added to the walls...
The ceiling in this guest room is painted pale blue with a pale blue matelasse on the bed, so I thought some shots of blue in this room would add interest.
An old oval vanity tray mirror, painted white and turned into wall art. All garage sale items...including the $3 lamp!
Both pieces from garage sales. I added the roses and painted the frame.
All from garage sales. I painted the antique frame white. Sweet vignette.
A cheap plastic garage sale frame, painted white and hung on wall where words were already in place! Doesn't it add charm? And who would know it's plastic? See, you CAN decorate your home with mostly garage sale items and make it look beautiful (and expensive)!!!!

NOTE: You should be able to click on most of the pictures to enlarge to see further details.
These parties I love to link up to or check out my Blog Parties tab
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Creative Blogger's Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff 
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Trash 2 Treasure @ Sassy Sites
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

From Trash To Treasure Thursday @ Alchemy Fine Living
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Cottage Flora Thursday @ Fishtail Cottage
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Weekend WrapUp Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Any Link Goes Party @ Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn
 
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I love Nap Time 
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick


27 comments:

  1. love the tray, great idea!
    I posted your feature on my blog if you want to take a look!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tray turned out gorgeous, I love it and the fabric was just perfect. Your guest room is so pretty and the frames look great. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, loving the tray! Great job...I am dying to try chalk paint! Thanls for the inspiration!

    Lina
    fancy Frugal Life

    (Creative Bloggers Hop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray turned out so cute...the fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tray is fabulous! I so admire your ability to transform, and on a budget! I would love for you to join in my weekly Club G.W. (Goodwill) with Charm Bracelet Diva party ~ the inaugural event is coming soon, date TBA. You can read all about it here:
    http://charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com/2011/06/club-gw-with-charm-bracelet-diva.html

    Just love your stuff!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for a similar tray so I can hopefully transform it into the beauty you did.

    Love the rest of your decor. Very elegant.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tray (so well done) and love the frames on the wall .. so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terry!
    I just love your beautiful frame wall. The little pitcher with the ribbon hanging inside the frame is so adorable. Great idea too.

    The tray is perfect. I love that script fabric from Ballards.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out great, Terry! Love the feet and I need to get some of that document fabric {even if it's just a little bit}!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tray turned out amazingly pretty, Terry. Lovely vignettes with your frames, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olá querida
    Gosto muito de vir aqui, sempre tem preciosas idéias, amo todas!
    Bjos Carinhosos, semana perfeitinha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tray. Now I want to make one. But don't count on it as I'm super lazy. I need some of that document fabric though. And I love frames in the guest room. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...I love the tray transformation.
    Dont' you love working with chalk paint? The little feet finished it perfectly.
    Love the wall of frames too.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Terry that tray is wonderful!! Loving your wall of frames too!
    You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I'm always looking for cute frames like yours but never seem to have any luck. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is so much I love in this post. It looks like it belongs in a magazine. I love the bed, the pillows, the frames on the wall especially the turquoise one! I love the tray too. These are rooms like you see in a historic home or plantation and you can only look and not touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tray turned out fabulous! Love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tray is tres magnifique! The handles are wonderful, and I love the addition of the ball feet. I need to try out that chalk paint, as it looks wonderful on your tray! And I love the fabric insert, too. Oooh, la, la!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This room is so darn cute! I love your little tray and your wall of frames is wonderful! Everything is so inviting. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very clever with the tray, love the color scheme, Celeste, victoriantailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. ADORABLE tray, Terry! You did a great job on it! I'm dyin' to try some that chalk paint and wax!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tray is adorable. It turned out so cute. I especially love the little creamer in the frame. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tray looks amazing! I love the feet you added.
    I'm going to have to try out the chalkboard paint.

    Thanks,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your French tray is fabulous! And love all your ornate frames!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tray is soooo cute! Love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So soft and pretty, would love to have tea on the tray. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10