12/08/2010

Garage Sale Dresser

I had no need for this worn and abused piece of furniture. But it spoke to me, it said,

"Look at all of my details, I know that you can make me beautiful again!"

And with the price being only $25, I knew I could too. So, yes, I bought it and brought it home.
I asked Hubby to make sure that it was totally sound. He repaired a couple of drawers and called her good. So after admiring the original hardware, all the scrolls and details.

I sanded, primed and painted her, then distressed her. But before I could bring her into the house I had to get rid of some furniture. That is if I wanted to walk around my home. So I put an ad in the paper and sold these dressers and mirror.
Sold small dresser

Sold large dresser & mirror above
 Here is my new gal. Isn't she just beautiful in all her details?
 Here is what I didn't tell you. As hubby and I were moving it to our home, I saw the back had writing on it, it said, "American Furniture Co., Tulsa, Okla. I live in Illinois but I moved here from Tulsa and I loved living in Tulsa. So see? Another sign that it needed to come home with me!
Here she is in her place in my Other Guest Bedroom that you can check out here. I know, I know, there was nothing wrong with the other dressers. They were beautiful oak with serpentine fronts and the curves on the mirror matched my iron bed perfectly, but sometimes a girl has got to do what a girl has to do! And I had to have something...different. Enjoy

Linking up to Kathleen's White Wednesday
Linking up to Cassie's Power of Paint Wednesday
Linking up to Kelli's ReStored it Wednesday
Linking up to Dana's Strut your Stuff Saturday 
Linking up to Gina's Transformation Thursday
Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday
Linking up to Lorie's Show & Tell Saturday
 Stephanie Lynn's Sunday Showcase Party

11 comments:

  1. Awesome makeover! So much better after, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous job you did on the dresser from Tulsa.
    I love her new shabby chic look.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly turned out beautiful! Love all the details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so beautiful! what a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you stopped by my blog, now that I am at yours.....Love it!
    I cant wait to follow and read some of your previous posts!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Terry. I love the way you brought out the details. Simply stunning. Stopping over from Kathleen's , tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous makeover! I can't help but think what the dresser and mirror would have looked like had you painted them to match. But I know you can't keep everything. Some things have to be moved out so new pieces can come in.
    It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Terry. What a steal of a deal. I need to go shopping with you! You did such a lovely job painting and distressing her. The details "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh be still my heart, you did a fabulous job on that!!! What a fantastic makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry - THAT is a beautiful piece of furniture! And you did such a great job breathing new life into her! Love it! :) Happy WW!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous redo, just beautiful.
    http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10